I guess it's hard to remember to blog about exercising when you haven't been exercising. Oops! I have to laugh when I go back and read my journal of the day I found out I was pregnant. I had such good intentions, I was going to be so fit during my pregnancy. I was going to run, work out, eat right and not gain 50 lbs. Well today I'm 29 weeks along and I'm not looking so good on my goals. Here's the good and the bad. I'll start with the bad to get it out of the way:
1) I haven't done any sort of consistent exercise in 3 months. Last month I only "worked out" 3 out of 30 days. (and those work outs were barely worthy to be called real exercise)
2) At my last Dr. appt I was shocked to see that I've already gained a solid 29 lbs. That would be cool if I was due next week. With 11 weeks to go that's not happy news.
3) My Dr. informed me last week that you only need 500 extra calories a day when you're prego. WHOA! I think I've been eating at least 2 to 3 times that amount!
4) Halloween didn't help my eating habits. Up next: My birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. It's gonna be really really hard not to gain another 20 lbs before this baby gets here.
5) My neighbor saw me for the first time in a couple months and said, "Wow Becca, your face has gotten so round and swollen! What happened?" I told her it was probably just the pregnancy but she looked at me with deep concern and said, "Yes, but what else?" (in her defense, she's not from the U.S. and I think in her culture it's okay to say stuff like that) STILL, it's one thing to get a big belly when you're pregnant, but it's not fun at all to get pregnant in your face!
Okay, I'm done with my whiny venting. Here's the good news : )
1) I feel really awesome. I have tons of energy, I can keep up with my kids. I can lift both girls, transfer car seats, bend over and do baths, and overall feel pretty agile and spry for a big pregnant girl.
2) While I'm not thrilled with my weight gain, I have to admit it was pretty darn fun eating all the awesome stuff I did to gain it! We're talking some good good grub!
3) Taber still thinks I'm hot.
4) I love feeling my little guy move around. He's super active and it's just fun bonding with him even before he's officially "here."
5) I walked today. It took me 35 minutes to walk 2 miles but at least I put my running shoes on and made my body move. It was awesome.
6) I won't be pregnant forever, and when I'm not, even if it takes awhile, I'm confident that someday I will be back on the running scene and putting miles back on the road.
Until then, I'll try to be better about blogging on here. If nothing else to at least chronicle the last bit of my pregnancy so I don't forget the joys, aches and pains of the fabulous 3rd trimester : )