Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Looking on the Bright Side

So I was about to write a post about how dismal my running efforts have been lately but then I decided, "You know what? I'm not doing that bad!" I mean really, the last 3 weeks I have literally gone from one "vacation" to the next. A trip to Maine, a trip to Utah, and then having my sister and her 3 kids out to visit for 10 days straight. With all the busyness of trips and being off my schedule I'm actually proud of myself for getting any running in at all! So instead of whining about my low mileage I'm going to celebrate the fact that I've pulled off a run in all my vacation settings.

In Maine I did a lovely 4 miler on the beach. In Utah I got to run a nice 3 miler with my younger sister who is training for a half marathon in September. And While my older sister was in town I managed to get out twice for a 3 and a 2. Nothing impressive but I keep going back to a quote my friend posted on Facebook that has really helped me lately, "Some is better than none." : )

We have more travel plans and visitors coming in the next two weeks but I'm hoping when things settle down I'll finally be able to get back on track and sign up for a race. I'm thinking a 10K would be fun since that's the one distance I haven't raced yet so it would be an automatic PR : ) Until then I'll "just keep swimming" and hope that my small efforts will help me maintain enough fitness that I'll be able to get right back into it!

1 comment:

  1. Nice attitude, Becca. There is nothing more challenging to your running efforts than vacations and visitors, and you still got out there, good job! I remember last year when I was supposed to run my 16 mile Saturday long run, and we were at our ward camp out in the middle of nowhere. I was really proud of myself for getting out there when we stayed up way too late and I just wanted to sleep in like everyone else... you weren't even training and you still got out, way to be!

    ReplyDelete