Friday, November 18, 2011

9 Months on, 9 months off

I know Heidi Klum and many other genetically blessed mamas are back in their skinny jeans just weeks after giving birth, but my body doesn't like to give up weight that easily.

For me the rule seems to be, 9 months to pack it on, 9 months to work it off. 
With Cam I put on a solid 43 pounds. 
Now that it's finally off,  I thought it would be good to post some before pics to remind me to go easy on the Twinkies next time I'm pregnant.

 Big Mama carrying Cam in my belly

9 months later carrying him in my arms.

 Chubby chipmunk cheeks at a restaurant 7 months prego with Cam

 9 months later the "cheek swelling" has gone down : )

Somebody probably should've told me to put down the cake  (8 months prego)


And here I am 2 months after he was born, 
still holding on to 25 extra pounds


8 months of Weightwatchers, a 5K, 10K and half marathon later and I'm finally ready to get back in my bathing suit : )

Of course it was all worth it for this guy.


Who wouldn't pack on 43 lbs to get this? : )


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am going running this very second. You look amazing! Way to go and ... yes, he is totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so gorgeous. And Cam is KILLING me in his Living Legends gear. And you what? I don't think 43 lbs is too bad. I gained 50 with PML and I swear it wasn't until he was 13 months old that I had lost the full 47 lbs (3 lbs I've never been able to lose). Of course, the next time around I am going to try to be a good girl and keep it somewhere in the 30 lb range. And I love that you mentioned the "cheek swell" because I swear my face is the first thing to get fat...so annoying.
    The truth is, I've never seen a "skinny" 9 month pregnant lady. Everyone in the birthing ward looks like an uncomfortable hippo by the time that baby is ready to come out, even if they are a "skinny" pregnant girl. And yes, he is worth it. You should be really proud of yourself for losing the weight in such a healthy way, too. I have friends who are doing cleanses and colonics while breastfeeding and I just want to shake them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi Klum probably had a team of trainers, nutritionists, and chefs helping her out too.

    I know it's not the same thing, but I gained 20 lbs while on cancer treatments for a year. No running at all and steroid meds balooned me up real nice. It took a year to gain and the same to get back to where I started.

    You look FANTASTIC!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures of your little Cam? I die.

    Also, you look fabulous. Seriously.

    Also, I just clicked over to your family blog for the first time (why have I not done this before?) and my little Katie has the same shirts/outfits from Target that your little girls have.

    Also, you look so good. Did I say that already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, prego or not, you are so beautirul. But girl you look HOTT! Love your hair longer. And you know, you are the one that got me running after I had 4 kids in 4 1/2 years and 63! pounds to lose after all of them! : ) Can't wait to hear about your minimilast training.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally worth it! And you TOTALLY look SEXY!

    ReplyDelete