Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New York Half Countdown: 4 weeks to go

Didn't get a lot of running in last week but the runs I did do were a lot of fun. Last Tuesday me, Becca and Laura, (another friend who is joining us for the New York Half) met at 5:30am to get a 6 miler in. There is something so rejuvenating about watching the sun rise in the morning. It was a great way to wake up, running through such pretty New England country, past a couple little farms with cows and a quaint little white church. I loved the views (hated the hills) and thoroughly enjoyed having company to chat with along the way.

After that I took off to Utah for my brother's wedding and in all the mayhem of travel, wedding, and visiting family I didn't run again until Sat. Luckily my brother in law Kevin, who is a running Jedi, was in town as well. He was game enough to go on an 8 mile run with me up beautiful Provo canyon. I will post more on that later but let's just say it was gorgeous, HARD, funny, adventurous, and memorable. The higher altitude really threw me off but I finished, and I guess that's what matters.

Weekly Goals:
Mon: 4.5 miles
Tues: 3 miles or cross
Wed: 4.5 miles + strength
Friday: 50 minutes cross
Sat: 8 miles

Outcome:
Tuesday: 6 miles: average pace: 10:10 min/mile
Saturday: 8 miles: average pace: 10:15 min/mile

Focus for next week (or I guess I should say this week since it's already half way over!) Speed up the pace!! I'd like to run my half around a 9:30 pace. I've got some work ahead of me to get back up to speed. Tonight was good though and I'm going to keep working at it. 22 to days to go! WOO!

1 comment:

  1. Kevin is a crazy running man, huh? A great motivator though!

    ReplyDelete