Saturday, July 10, 2010

Turning a corner...

The last two days in a row I woke up and didn't feel like barfing, which means I think I'm turning a corner and leaving morning sickness behind me! Today I even woke up at 6am to try and beat the heat and get a run in. I didn't get out until 6:30 and by that point it was already 75 degrees and 86% humidity! Not my favorite running conditions but better than what it would've been had I not gotten up early.

The best part was that I got to try running with my new iPhone and use Runkeeper Pro the way it's meant to be used! I had it on my iPod Touch but I had to enter everything manually. Now it's awesome having the GPS track my run and then coming home and seeing the maps with elevation and pace through my whole run. LOVE IT!! Here's a look at my run in case you want to check it out, nothing too impressive but still, fun to see my stats like that : )

Anyway, I'm excited to be feeling a little better and if I can find ways to beat the heat I think I'll be able to get back into a regular running routine. : )

4 comments:

  1. Hi! CONGRATS on making it past morning sickness and on running! I think I've reached the point that I can't do it comfortably anymore until after my pregnancy. It's inspiring to know that you're still out there! Go you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked up that app on iTunes; what's the difference with Runkeeper Free and Pro? Also, since I have an iPhone 3GS, will I be able to listen to music via Pandora (not iPod) while using the GPS tracking since I can't multi-task? I imagine it'd be similar to what it was like w/ your iPod Touch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I hope it keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheesh. Now I want an Iphone. Becca I'm trying to SAVE money here!

    ReplyDelete