Monday, July 19, 2010

Keepin' it Real

So I'd like to say that thus far in my pregnancy running is a "blast and it's so great getting out and doing it everyday!" But I'm keeping it real and letting you know that it is NOT a blast, nor am I doing it everyday. I did manage to do it three times last week and that took some pretty major will power. I feel a little pathetic since my baby is only the size of an apple right now and there's women out there with melon sized babies running 10K's and kicking butt! But yeah, it's all I can do to lace up my shoes and crank out three 9:45 to 10 minute miles.

Oh well, some is better than none right? I think it's just hard right now because Taber is training for his half marathon and every Saturday he goes out at 6am with a bunch of our friends he's training with and has, what I imagine to be, a super awesome fabulous long run while I'm stuck at home gestating. I'm trying not to be jealous but darn it, I'm jealous! I wish I was out there with them having a super awesome fabulous long run too!

A time and season for everything I guess. Running will still be there after I have the baby. In the mean time I am really happy that Taber is doing so well with his training and getting some good runs in with great company.

So that is my keeping it real update for tonight. I'll leave you with my Runkeeper Stats from a little 4 miler I did last Thursday. Taber was out of town so I got a babysitter and actually did a nice outdoor run. It was tough, the humidity out here is brutal! But I finished with an average pace of 9:45 so I was happy with that. Here's the run.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't run in over 2 weeks and I think that I'm about ready to throw in the towel... until December. It's kind of depressing, but at the same time, running is just getting to uncomfortable and kind of painful. So I'm shifting to walking and lifting weights.
    And I say, that ANY RUNNING you do while pregnant is a fabulous thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I know how you feel on so many levels. It really is hard to run when you're pregnant. And it's also hard to see your husband out getting fit and running all the time while you sit at home. AND I know about humidity. It's awful. I don't think I could do it if I were you.
    So yeah, I think it is pretty AMAZING that you are still running, and 3 times in a week is good pregnant or not and in good weather! You are tough Becca! Be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete