Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One last hoorah!

After a long and frustrating ordeal with his knee injury Taber is back and running strong again. He had a great race in the Ragnar and felt so good coming out of it that he decided to work towards a full marathon again. He's shooting for the Whistlestop Marathon in Ashland, Wisconsin, coming up next month on Oct 1oth. The last couple of Saturdays he's been doing long runs and did a nice 15 miler last week. His knee still isn't 100%, so he's taking things nice and slow and doing a lot of stretching and icing. He's looking good though and if worse comes to worse, they allow you to switch to the half marathon if you get injured and can't complete the full. So yeah, either way I think we're heading to Whistlestop next month for one last hoorah before the running season ends!

With Taber digging into marathon training we've had to do some juggling so we can both get our runs in. Not that I need to do 3 hour training runs but I still want to keep up my distance running because I'm shooting for one more half marathon at the end of Oct. So I've had to improvise a bit and do more early morning runs and running with the kiddos. We have a single jogging stroller that I use with Brinely while Teya is at preschool twice a week. Last Sat though Taber was out running and I wanted to get out there before the whole morning was gone. So I squeezed them both into the single jogger and we set out. I did around 5 miles and it was very slow with the 60lbs of extra weight to push!! The girls did so good though and by the end they were both fast asleep on top of each other. Taber met us and took some pics. Aren't they sweet?



So yeah, I'm excited for Taber and happy that running is really becoming a part of our lifestyle now. The trick will be making it through the Minnesota winter...We'll let you know how that goes : )

5 comments:

  1. Haha! That pic is soooo funny! They don't look very comfortable. It's amazing the positions kids can sleep in. Can't believe how big Brinley is getting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I'm with Rae. That was the funniest picture EVER! And kuddos to you and Taber for making it work! I can't wait to get the extra weight out of my belly so I can start running with Kevin again! Its an awesome way to stay healthy and spend time together! Good luck to both of you in October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, five miles with the stroller is impressive! Have fun training and enjoy your final runs of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture...and seriously, if you ever need to drop off the girls and do some long training runs with Taber, CALL US! :) And you know, I think the winter is going to be OK with us taking some kickboxing classes...I am holding you to that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe they were okay being doubled up like that! That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete