Thursday, September 17, 2009

Told ya I'd use it!

3 years ago I was still trying to lose baby weight after having Teya and I told Taber I really really wanted a jogging stroller. He'd never seen me run more than a mile, maybe 2, and certainly not on any kind of consistent basis, so he was pretty hesitant. His sweet Mom knew I wanted one though so she bought me one as a gift. I think Taber was pretty glad HE hadn't paid for it because during those first 3 years it was sadly only used a handful of times. Well things have changed and that little stroller has been logging some serious miles lately!! Now that Teya is in preschool twice a week I'm taking advantage of that time to do a little running with the Brinster. On Tuesday I pushed her for 6 miles in that thing and today I ran 4 with her. You see Taber? I told you I would use it!!

Bonus: Every time we get going that bumpy ride puts her right to sleep. It's a great way to give her a morning nap without having her sleep so long that she won't go down in the afternoon. Yay for stroller naps! (and cute sleeping babies : )


5 comments:

  1. it'd be cool if it came with an odometer! I want a jogging stroller too! I'm sure if I had one, THEN I would start running :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is genius. I looked high & low for a double jogging stroller when I first started marathon training and when I didn't even like the BOB, I figured running w/ a stroller just wasn't gonna work. But I think that's a GREAT idea to run while Kenz is in preschool. I could handle a single jogger. Time to go see if I can find a cheap used jogging stroller! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok me again.. so needless to say I haven't posted on my running blog in a LONG time, so I missed a bunch of your posts! I just went back and read them and BECCA! I am so impressed! Girl, you are dedicated! Thank you for the inspiration, I really needed it b/c I have been such a running slob since the marathon. Things have been so busy w/ Justin's new job and my new job that my runs have been few and far between. I know they only way it's gonna happen is to wake up early but I've just been a bum. But dag gone it, you're doing it, and I'm gonna try too! Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm thinking about selling ours. i can't run with my arms that low. i guess, once again in my life, i am too tall for something.

    ReplyDelete