Monday, May 4, 2009

Crack of dawn

As our runs get longer it's getting harder and harder to find the time to fit them in. My solution this week was to try to get up at the crack of dawn and run before Taber went to work. I set my alarm for 5:45 a.m. I used to get up that early when I was working, this should be no problem!

Of course last night Teya got up 3 times and Brinley was up twice. I don't think I got more than 2 consecutive hours of sleep. When my alarm went off my arm felt like it weighed 1000 pounds as I tried to lift it towards the snooze button. Before I could hit snooze my brain remembered why my alarm was going off so early. Dang! I have to run! I rolled out of bed (to Taber's great surprise) grabbed my running clothes that I so geniusly laid out the night before and headed into the bathroom to get ready. It took me a good 30 minutes to get ready and really wake up.

Once I got outside though man did it feel good!! The sun was shining, the birds were singing, seriously, they were! 6 miles was on the schedule. I decided to do 3 miles out and back on a hilly trail with a nice steady incline up to the 3rd mile. Monday runs are always pretty good for me, maybe because it's a new week and I'm feeling really motivated. I didn't have my foot sensor on so I don't know my exact pace but I felt like I was booking! I think I finished around 50 minutes.

When I walked in the door Teya was up. She ran to me and said, "Mommy I missed you so much! I was worry about you! Are you all sweaty?" Guess it's not too often that she wakes up and I'm not there. It was nice to get my run done early and not have to worry about it during the day. We'll see if I can keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment