Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Here comes the heat!

Brinley has improved quite a bit and after a day of not working out I was ready to get going again. Alarm went off at 5:45 again. I wanted to throw it against the wall. I was so tired but I made my legs get out of bed anyway and the rest of my body had no choice but to follow.

On Monday when I ran it was kind of cold in the morning so today I wore long running pants, a long sleeved shirt and a headband for my ears. When I walked outside though I had a feeling I was going to regret my outfit. The sun was already shining brightly and it was almost 60 degrees. (That's hot when you live in Minnesota!) I went out anyway and figured it coudn't be that bad.

6 miles again, same hilly run as Monday. Started out slow and started picking up around mile 2. Mile 3 I was feeling good but by Mile 4 I'm getting hot! All I can think about is how hot I am. The sun is right in my face, wish I wore sunscreen. Wish I grabbed Taber's running sunglasses. Wish I wasn't wearing a long sleeved shirt! Hot hot hot. jog jog jog. One foot in front of the other. I need to stop thinking about it and just finish this run. Last mile has some decent hills. Oh mercy this is hard! I finally realize I can at least take off my headband. Ah! what a relief! I pushed it in on the last 1/4 mile. Finished in 50 minutes. Note to self, shorts and a t-shirt next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment